Did you mean: 

Please help! Smashed the screen on my A52s

(Topic created on: 21-11-2022 07:05 AM)
CJB79
Apprentice
Options
Hi all, newbie here! 
I'm hoping at least 1 person can help me 🙏🙏

The screen on my A52s 5G phone has cracked to the point I cannot view what is on the screen. At first the screen would flicker (only colours tho), not so much now. But I do know its on (used where's my phone & called it).

I've gone through various articles to try and retrieve everything on it (not backed up 🤦‍♀️), but no luck. I purchased a usb-c to HDMI cable but that doesn't seem to be working. I've since read something about MHL(?). 

Also I have a screen lock (pin).

Can someone please tell me what I need to do, using simple explanations, so I can retrieve my data?? 

(FYI I do have a smart LG TV. I can use the remote like a mouse if need be, I just need to see what I'm doing)
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Not having access to a working display may cause you difficulties @CJB79 

A dedicated Highstreet Store maybe abke to help or try a Samsung Service Centre.

Learning curve is to back up.

I wish you all the best 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

SereneH
Options
0 Likes
CJB79
Apprentice
Options
Hey, thank you...but I don't see a link
0 Likes
CJB79
Apprentice
Options
Actually I just googled the name of that link. I've been there many times. I tried a usb-c to hdmi adapter but I don't know if I have the correct kind. And I can't unlock or backup the data because I didn't have remote unlock on (which I didn't even know was a thing until I had this issue)
0 Likes
SereneH
Options

@CJB79 This is the type of adapter you'd need: Multiport Adapter (grey) | Samsung UK

If you are locked out of your device and have not set up a remote unlock method, your device will need to be factory reset. Any data not backed up will be lost when your phone has been reset. A factory reset will be done as part of the repair to your screen by our engineers at a Samsung Support Centre. You can book a repair via this link: Book Your Repair with an Authorised Service Centre | Samsung UK

giphy.gif
0 Likes