Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone suddenly auto restarting and having a set restart schedule. is this normal?

(Topic created on: 3 weeks ago)
Kresna113
Student
Options

Hi all!

So I recently upgraded to a Galaxy S24 Ultra from a Galaxy A71 after 4 years. I still use the A71 as it has my home country phone number. In the 2 years or so when Samsung remove the set time restart feature, it never auto restart until 2 days ago!

Then it has a text underneath the "Last Auto Restart" stating that auto restart schedule is set at mon, wed, fri, and sat at 3.30am

Should I be worried? Is the motherboard failing on this phone after 4 years? I asked this because my Galaxy Note II did died on me, the motherboard failed.

Thanks!

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Robin999
Big Cheese
Options
Usually that's because a schedule has been set,
Settings>Device care>Auto optimization>Auto restart
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Option to restart when needed or according to schedule. Can toggle off if desired. 1712587014043.jpg

if no restart option is set  idea to try in Safe Mode  if you have installed third  party apps to pinpoint apps which may be causing conflict. https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/ 

could also clear the cache partition if issues persist  before seeking further advice.

1. Turn off the device.
2. Connect To Computer or plug in USB-C Headphones , Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key
3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
4. Wait until the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

Can also Repair Apps from the same Recovery Menu.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Kresna113
Student
Options

I can't see this option, just auto optimization

0 Likes
Kresna113
Student
Options

Ah yes, it's on apparently.

But is that normal though? Usually it lasts for a month with no auto restarts up until 2 days ago. I usually do manual restarts

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

May be different on A71, See you have Auto Restart enabled. Does not seem to be pressing issue.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Robin999
Big Cheese
Options
If it's on then it's working as intended. If you don't want it on anymore then just toggle it off.