11-10-2023 10:01 AM in
I got my A52s 5G in Dec 2021. It mutes calls by itself so I miss them, and yes I have checked every possible setting. It's not me. It flips maps upside down when the phone hasn't been rotated. Just, does it. The sound quality on calls is terrible. My hearing is fine, yes I have had it tested. I don't like how reminders behave. This is my first Android phone. On a positive note it was my GPS from London to Istanbul by bike. I've made it work hard. But the phone muting game it plays is untenable. I mean, it's the core function. I'm getting another Apple next, despite the $$$$. Anyone got anything I should consider before fleeing Android?
11-10-2023 05:21 PM in
Hi @Lisabeets just checking you Do not have anything scheduled under Do Not Disturb. Go to Settings-Notifications-Do Not Disturb. Ensure that there is nothing listed at inappropriate times under Do Not Disturb.
otherwise go to Settings-Apps-Storage delete Data and cache.
if still issue I would suggest you wipe the cache partition, this deletes the temporary files but keeps your Data intact. Follow these steps:
1. Turn off the device.
2. Connect To Computer or plug in USB-C Headphones , Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key
3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4. Wait until the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Power key to restart the device.
Ensure you Back up Data first before trying a Factory Reset.
I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.
Thanks James! No I definitely have nothing set anywhere. Bixby, volume, dnd, you name it. Ive had every bit of every app and contact and anything I could think of, open a hundred times. It just creates silent mode for fun. Imagine me on those interminable call queues where they offer a call back, yep, missed those! Phone on lap, doesn't ring. I've done the data/cache step, let's see. The other step I will save for later! But I also went to Bixby and created a new routine that forces the phone volume and other stuff, to be on and up from sunrise to sunset. I'm mightily sick of this phone!