Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone getting hot

(Topic created on: 05-06-2023 09:59 PM)
serendipitysoph
Journeyman
Options
My phone keeps getting hot- not to the point where a notification comes up but noticeably quite hot. I've turned my brightness down and closed apps I'm not using, but it keeps getting hot. Should I be concerned or is it something else? 
0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
MNas04
Helping Hand
Options
Hi it is completely normal for your phone to heat up. Have a read through this link. This should help to answer your question > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/what-to-do-when-your-phone-heats-up/#:~:text=When%....
serendipitysoph
Journeyman
Options
Thank you!
Bellabee
Pioneer
Options
Also look out for apps you have running in the background and beware that wireless charging may be sufficient but continues use may heat up the back of the phone you can sometimes tell what's the issue by where the heat up starts or is most intense and of course the age of a phone believe it or not phones endurances do ware out with age ....abit like me lol
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@serendipitysoph As explained in the link it is nothing to worry about.  The device will heat up,particularly when running power intensive applications, multitasking.  During game play it is likely to get hot and should leave it for a short time afterwards.  in all case should cool down and would only be a concern if it was excessively hot   which is not your situation.  There are apps that can measure temperature mind you.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Bellabee
Pioneer
Options
His right 🤧
0 Likes
Bellabee
Pioneer
Options
I'm always putting the wrong emojis 😒 🙄
0 Likes
serendipitysoph
Journeyman
Options
Are there any apps you recommend?
0 Likes
serendipitysoph
Journeyman
Options
Lolol thank you, I'll keep that in mind as this phone is slightly old haha :smiling-face:
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
There are various ones,AccuBattery for instance. I also use CPU-Z which gives a lot of information on your Device.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.