Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pairing A21 bluetooth with Oticon Opn hearing instruments

(Topic created on: 27-01-2021 02:54 PM)
TeeMark
First Poster
Options

Hi,

Can anyone in Samsung tell us when direct Bluetooth pairing with Opn hearing aid(s) will be 'supported' in the UK? 

Several months ago (before lockdown 1.0) my audiologist informed me that Android phones are being made backwards-compatible. For Samsung apparently a few Galaxy S phones would be enabled from new then the upgrade would be rolled out to rolled to others running Android 10 or later. 

Just tried pairing on my A217F/DSN via the settings >> accessibility >> hearing enhancements >> hearing aid support >> bluetooth hearing aid, but all that appears under 'Available devices' is a gobbledegook number (like D0:B4:D4 something...) and 'searching device name' then a few seconds later it disappears and 'No devices found' is shown.

Latest info - even better an intro date - would be much appreciated.

Cheers.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

That Goobldegook number would be the MAC address of the hearing aid, try connecting to that.

0 Likes
TeeMark
First Poster
Options

Yep, understood... but as I wear one in each ear I would expect two addresses to show up, unless of course a single MAC address applies to them both. But when I select that number to pair it, it still disappears and 'No devices found' after a couple of seconds.

So that doesn't work, but thanks for your suggestion!

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Shame it didn't work 😕. I don't know when or if the A21 compatability will be resolved. I see the 21s is compatible but I don't know if that's a good or bad sign.
Hopefully someone in the know will pick up this thread and respond.
0 Likes
TeeMark
First Poster
Options

Hello?

Samsung Inc/ PLC/ PTY/ &Co? 

Will anyone in the corporation answer my query?

It's okay to say 'No, not planned' or 'Yes, we plan to do it on (date)....'

0 Likes
pny61l
First Poster
Options
Hi
I know it's over a year old but did you ever resolve this ?
I've just posted a similar question
0 Likes