Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only vibrates

(Topic created on: 16-07-2023 01:25 PM)
Mother9
Student
Options
Hello is someone able to help please. For the past few days my phone only vibrates when getting messages and WhatsApp, yet my phone will ring with a sound. I have checked all settings and none are on vibrate only. I have a Samsung a53.
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
AndrewL
Options

@Mother9: Please head to WhatsApp > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Settings > Notifications > Messages > Notification tone, and make sure that a tone is assigned, and that the volume slider is at a suitable level. 

Now, close WhatsApp and head to Settings > Sounds and vibration > Volume, and make sure that your notifications slider is also at a suitable level. I also recommend heading to Settings > Apps > WhatsApp > Notifications > Notification categories > Message notifications > Alert (On). Do the same for the Messages app, and let me know if this helps. 

GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Maybe your notification sound is muted.
Press the volume button and then 3 dots and check if notification volume is silent
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Have you changed anything recently that could have affected your phone's way of ringing @Mother9 

Try a soft reboot by turning the phone off and on.

Let us know how you get on.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Mother9
Student
Options
Thank you tried everything and thankfully it seems to be back to normal 😊
0 Likes
Mother9
Student
Options
Thank you 😊
0 Likes
jackmerkin
First Poster
Options

I have a similar issue with my Samsung Galaxy S9+.  I get vibration only for notifications whenever my headset is attached.  Expected sound when the headset is unplugged.  Also expected phone ringtone with or without the headset.  My Samsung Galaxy 7 Edge makes notification sound with or without the headset.  Anyone know a setting that is eluding me?

0 Likes