Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One UI 4 instability

(Topic created on: 21-01-2022 01:19 AM)
brynght
Student
Options
I just received the update on my Galaxy A52 and I'm incredibly disappointed. It's such a huge step back from One UI 3. There's not many new features but instead a whole loaf of bugs and inconsistent UI design elements that really makes the experience using my phone feel incredible poor.

One of the biggest issues I've noticed is with inconsistencies with the blur UI elements, particularly on the recent menu. When accessing the menu from an app, the blur on the background is not present, but this blur is present when accessing the recents menu from the home screen. Going to the recent menu from the app is painfully laggy too, really really slow.

There's numerous other issues too but it really makes me question the pace at which Samsung has released One UI 4, clearly too quickly without enough checking for bugs and issues which aren't small but actually blatantly obvious and easy to pick up on.

Get your act together Samsung or I'm moving to Google Pixel or Apple. I cannot begin to tell you how unprofessional your One UI is. I'd prefer it if you'd just use stock Android and be done with it because you're clearly rather incompetent at creating software.
6 REPLIES 6
AM4N
Voyager
Options
HOT FIX:

Go to Settings > Accessibility > Visibility > Enhancements and tick "Reduce Transparency and Blur"
brynght
Student
Options
Well that gets rid of all of thr blurred UI elements but I want the blur. Everything that should be blurred is, except the apps menu
0 Likes
Members_BLK3JBp
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem with my Note 20 Ultra.

All my icons are blurry ...like they're low resolution. I've tried to chnage the wallpeper with a brighter one, restarted, clear the cache, disable night mode. nothing seems to fix it. Also the performance drop significantly . I think the only option that remains is to reset to factory mode... wich is awful. If anyone has an idea with what else I could try?

Lappenpickert
First Poster
Options

My A52 crashes 4-5 times a day for no reason since I installed UI4.

I also was quite angry about the fact that the update quietly installed facebook.

A big step back indeed 😞.

How can I rollback to UI3?

0 Likes
Members_PivWYMC
First Poster
Options

I am having the same issue since the update on my A52... Hope they will fix this soon

0 Likes
AlphaSeptim
First Poster
Options

My issue with that is when I activate that then go to dark mode, it becomes even more transparent when I turn off dark mode.

0 Likes