Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One UI 3.1

(Topic created on: 28-02-2021 04:24 PM)
Qwerty7
Helping Hand
Options
Samsung just announced that a few devices will start to get one UI 3.1 over the next few months:
S/N20 series
S/N10 series
A51, A71
A90, A70, A50

But without the Google discover integration, which is pretty sad (the default Samsung daily or free or whatever they call it now is just a laggy, ad-filled garbage - you should probably turn it off). I hope Samsung will bring the discover feed integration, especially after Google's botched android 10 gestures whereby to get a usuable experience one has to use the default launcher. Also, i have one UI 2.5 with October 2020 update on my a51 5g still (even tho it should get security updates every quarter, which means I should have got the January update weeks ago) and NO SM-A516 model globally has one UI 3 (apart from the SM-A516V but that has a different cpu and is a different phone). I hope Samsung are planning to give people who don't have 3.0 already a non-delayed and quick upgrade to 3.1 considering it isn't bringing many useful features, and they have already made people wait for longer then they should for security updates on devices like a70/a51 5g.
9 REPLIES 9
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
seems the server must be overworked.... so unable to connect at this moment... I'll try later
0 Likes
Qwerty7
Helping Hand
Options
October update, which is not following Samsung's quarterly update schedule

Screenshot_20210219-121145_Software update.jpg

0 Likes
iamS
Pathfinder
Options
Ngl how does my A50 have monthly support but your A51 5G doesn't?
0 Likes
Qwerty7
Helping Hand
Options
Idk tbh, even my old A8 2018 had monthly support. But the only recent A series phone with monthly updates is the A50
0 Likes
iamS
Pathfinder
Options
Apparently the A51 also has monthly support
0 Likes
iamS
Pathfinder
Options
Probably because the A5X phones have a greater volume of sales compared to the rest of the range. Hopefully they change that with the new phones lol
0 Likes
Qwerty7
Helping Hand
Options
Yeah true.... But the M31 got it before the a51 and A51 5g has had a beta in South Korea for nearly 3 months now so...
0 Likes
iamS
Pathfinder
Options
I cant lie, I know nothing about the M series. To be honest I thought Samsung were being serious when they said they'll streamline their phone range but just took out the J series and switched the letter to an M. Sometimes Samsung can be unpredictable lol 😆
0 Likes
Qwerty7
Helping Hand
Options
Well, in a sense it's worse now. Before it was just the J and A where the A was distinctly higher end and better, now (yes many of these devices are region specific but why??? can't it just be one device globally for that price bracket?) we have the F, A, and M series. A is technicially higher end, but some M models are better specced and Samsung just came out with the F62 with a flagship processor for the same price as a71 in India.
0 Likes