Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offline maps to SD card issue A53

(Topic created on: 05-03-2023 08:36 PM)
Badger42
Helping Hand
Options
Has anyone had an issue with couldn't download error for offline maps to SD card on the A53 and one UI 5.1. It saves offline to device ok, but won't update or save if the offline settings are set SD card in Google maps. Worked fine saving to SD card till error message today. I can save other files and open files on SD card ok, so card seems fine.
27 REPLIES 27
mk919
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for this, I just got an M33 and could not understand why it was not working.

Badger42
Helping Hand
Options
I have upgraded to the A54 and have the same issue on the new device. Must be a bug is One UI 5.1

David_1960
Pioneer
Options
Same here with me using A54.
mk919
Apprentice
Options

I reported this to Samsung using the Samsung Members phone app, their response was that this issue is not due to OneUI but Google Maps, they were able to use an SD card for offline storage.  Well, it could be but I don't have this issue with any other device I own.

I encourage everyone to post a support request so that they understand that there are many affected users and so this needs investigation.

rabble58
Journeyman
Options

What category is best to use for this support message? 

0 Likes
mk919
Apprentice
Options
I used Application.
rabble58
Journeyman
Options
warre1
Apprentice
Options

I tried this moment ago and now it works and install offline maps to SD card ok.

Badger42
Helping Hand
Options
Thanks for the update, but still can't on my A54, I still get the couldn't download error when set to SD storage.
0 Likes
warre1
Apprentice
Options

I got A53

0 Likes