Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offline maps to SD card issue A53

(Topic created on: 15-03-2023 04:00 PM)
Badger42
Helping Hand
Options
Has anyone had an issue with couldn't download error for offline maps to SD card on the A53 and one UI 5.1. It saves offline to device ok, but won't update or save if the offline settings are set SD card in Google maps. Worked fine saving to SD card till error message today. I can save other files and open files on SD card ok, so card seems fine.
27 REPLIES 27
Lazmataz187
Explorer
Options
Try to uninstall maps and reinstall the app. Or force stop the app first and then do the reinstalation. Also, be sure that you are giving permission to your data while using the app.
0 Likes
Badger42
Helping Hand
Options
Thanks, I had tried that previously but no joy. I can save offline to device with no issues but when set to SD card still getting couldn't download with no further error details. Only had this problem after one UI 5.1 but could be a coincidence.
0 Likes
Lazmataz187
Explorer
Options
That's very strange, did you try with different sd card?
0 Likes
Badger42
Helping Hand
Options
I haven't got a spare one to try yet, but will. The SD card seems fine as I can save other files etc to it with no issues and the diagnostic says it is good, so who knows.
0 Likes
TheOwl
Apprentice
Options

Can confirm a similar problem on A33 5G and reason is definitely with UI 5.1 as I luckily had a benchmark identical phone still with UI 5.0 which I had the luxury to compare against.

Just got my own A33 5G phone a week ago after a good experience with my wife's identical model.
I applied all software updates which included UI 5.1 on my phone.

Setting up my Google maps, I attempted to download an offline map to my SD card which I had formatted in my new phone and repeatedly got the "Couldn't download" message for every attempt to download to SD card. Swapped SD card - same result. Download to device works OK.

Now luckily (for the test) my wife had postponed her UI 5.1 update on her own A33 5G and she was still on UI 5.0. So first I attempted to download an offline map on her phone with UI 5.0 and it was successful. Swapped her SD for my SD card on her phone and a download was successful again with my SD card with UI 5.0.

Next I applied the UI 5.1 update to her phone. After that I repeatedly got the "Couldn't download", on both her and my SD cards.

So unfortunately UI 5.1 broke Google Maps download of Offline maps to SD card on the A33 5G for sure.

Badger42
Helping Hand
Options
Brilliant thanks for confirming the issue isn't to do with the SD card on One UI 5.1. I have just tried again now after the latest march update yesterday for A53 and the couldn't download issues is still there for offline maps. Google maps has been updated by 2 or 3 versions since I last tried. Once again thanks for the update.
Jazz69
Student
Options

Has anyone found a Fix for this??

I have exactly the same issue.

Tried usual fixes, reformatting sd card, etc.

Happened since update to 5.1.

TIA

Badger42
Helping Hand
Options
I'm still having the same issue.
rabble58
Journeyman
Options

I have the same issue. HELP!!