Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No fast charging after Android 15 update

(Topic created on: 11-02-2023 01:47 AM)
WW9
First Poster
Options

Fast charging is disabled on my Samsung A71 after Android update 15 eas installed. This is the December 2022 update. I was unable to do fast charging on my main phone. But I had a spare one put away. I charged that and it was fully functional and did fast charging all through the latest updates until I hit update 15. After that was installed the phone would not fast charge. So that's my phone, my spare phone and my partner's phone. I have tried to make Samsung aware of the issue. I did all the other troubleshooting and I know that this is the issue. Any fixes anyone knows of?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Robin999
Black Belt 
Options
Rest assured, your phone, your partners phone, and even your spare are still fast charging. Since that update the wording changed in so that the words "fast charging" or "Superfast charging" are only shown for a couple of seconds and then it just shows the battery percentage and time remaining until fully charged.
0 Likes
WW9
First Poster
Options

No, it isn't. I thought that may be the case, but it took nearly an hour to charge the phone from 68% to 100%.  I compared the charging of my phone with the update and my spare phone without the update. The phone without the update charged almost twice as fast. I would not post something unless I was sure of my data.  

0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Fast charging has been wonky at times. My 1st full charge of my new S23 Ultra took 1h 20m~ but the next full charge took 55m (all from my official 45W Samsung charger). It really can depend on the status of apps running in the background. Give it a few more timed tests, just to be assured of your timings.
0 Likes