Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New A53 Very slow and lags.

(Topic created on: 09-06-2022 09:42 AM)
Members_RB1ENRc
Apprentice
Options

Hi all,

Purchased this phone last week. Very disappointed with it. So slow compared to my 3 year old A70. I have to tap the apps 2-3 times for it to open and sometime when I tap an app at the side of the phone  it brings me to the app list. 

Typing is also a chore on the various apps.

Will I perform a factorry reset? I shouldn't have to on a new phone really though.

Go to solution
13 REPLIES 13
kill649
First Poster
Options

Disable RAM plus features. This solves your problem.

0 Likes
SueRH
First Poster
Options

I cant see what the solution was.  Please can you say?

0 Likes
Zefchef
First Poster
Options
I've experienced the exact same issues: everything felt very laggy even whilst performing simple tasks when I first got the A53 running One UI 4.1 in 2022.

It was very frustrating and even deleting apps and restarting the phone made no difference.

However, a year later in March 2023, I recently installed the latest One UI 5.1 update and my phone now feels very snappy and fast like it was meant to be. In fact, I didn't see any major lag at all with day-to-day use. Everything worked perfectly.

It's annoying that I've had to put up with the poor performance for a year before an update had actually properly arrived to fix the issue. I was considering to buy the latest S23 early because this phone's performance was awful, but now the phone feels fluid and now I don't plan to buy a new one in just one year of having this phone!

As soon as the One UI 5.1 update is available to your A53, install it ASAP. The phone actually feels much faster after the process, and I am much happier after installing it!
Members_E6SqMtQ
First Poster
Options

I also copyied all my settings from an old A50 to a new A53 which is maked a lot trouble lag and so fort. Thank you @Ventor only the factory reset helped me; Altougth it didn't solved all the problems sometimes it's still laggigng as hell, and what's drive me absoluletly crazy it's the Camera.

Jesus Christ Samsung!!!!??? Don't you want to fix this little bug!!!? I loved taking pictures, now Im start hateing it on Galaxy A53 2023. March with the latest and greatest One UI 5.1.

0 Likes