Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Never received an update since 2019

(Topic created on: 05-10-2021 12:10 AM)
enzoc
First Poster
Options

Hi all,

I am writing regarding an issue with the updates for my Galaxy A50.
Purchased in April 2019 and never received an update since then.

The phone was bought in Italy and switched on there for the first time, but then used in the UK with a UK sim card. Never an update either via OTA or via Smart Switch, with an Italian or a UK sim card, under an Italian or a UK network.

Software version:
A505FNXUU1ASBG
A505FNOXM1ASBG
A505FXXU1ASBB

BASEBAND A505FXXU1ASBB

Smart Switch shows SBG(XEU) device

I believe the issue is related to CSC codes.
Is the first CSC based on the network on the first boot?

These are the CSC codes with a UK sim card:
XEU/XEU,XEU/ITV

and the CSC codes with an Italian sim card:
XEU/ITV,ITV/ITV

Below are two screenshots of the Android system information. I would like to understand if there is a process to push the updates to the device without a factory reset / losing data?

Screenshot_20210910-173821_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20210910-173922_DeviceKeystring.jpg

unnamed (1).jpg

Thanks very much for your support,

Enzo

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @enzoc 

Imported phones can recieve updates a little later but should should eventually still recieve the updates when pushed out by the original region that it was sold to be used in.

For example.

I imported a Samsung Note 20 Ultra from Hong Kong to the UK as I wanted the SnapDragon version.

This phones CsC is TGY.

I used an o2 and Vodafone Sim card in this phone and still recieved the software and security updates to that phone.

I'm not sure why your phone isn't receiving the updates and unfortunately as this is an imported phone Samsung UK won't be able to help in supporting the phone.

That said if your close to a Samsung Experience Store  / Samsung Service Centre if won't hurt to pop in and ask 😉

Other than that you could look into other options found on Sammobile and xdadevelopers.com

Disclaimer  >

Be careful if you go down this route because if it goes wrong you could end up with an unstable phone.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes