Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Music playback not controllable from lockscreen after May update

(Topic created on: 13-05-2022 02:41 AM)
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Before I could control music from lock screen. Now I only get what's playing? No buttons, no scrubber, nothing. I have to tap on the clock to get it to show.

After May update

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Not really. Being able to skip through my songs is not a privacy violation.
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
A52s 5G
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Neither. Just through my headphone jack.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Yes, I know that pressing on the clock shows me the media controls. That's what I said in the final sentence of my post.

My issue is with the fact that before the May update, I didn't have to tap on the clock, I just opened the lockscreen and controlled my music from there. I want this behaviour back.
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
This is enabled, but when I open the lockscreen it still doesn't show the controls - I have to tap on the clock. Before the May update I didn't have to have to tap on the clock. I want it to work that way - controls on lockscreen with no tapping to show them.Screenshot_20220513-131431_AlwaysOnDisplay_29331_1652444072.png
0 Likes
Kenneth-071
Navigator
Options

I think I see whats happening here, go to:

Settings > Lock Screen > Always On Display

Then change the option from Tap to show to Show always & make sure the Show music information option is also enabled.

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
1. Always On Display is disabled.
2. I enabled it according to your instructions; nothing changed in regards to my issue.
0 Likes
Kenneth-071
Navigator
Options

The image you have posted in your topic shows the Always On Display screen, so I can't see how its disabled? Anyway, I was mistaken, the Tap to show & Show always option are for Always On Display itself rather than for music controls, so disregard that info.

For me, once the Music option is enabled @ Settings > Lock Screen > Widgets I have music controls on the lock screen, see image below.

Screenshot_20220513-093940_One UI Home.png

You just have to double tap the screen when the display is off to bypass the Always On Display screen and get to the lock screen.

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
That's my lockscreen, just with a black background. Notice the lock at the top, which is not visible on an Always On Display.

I have that same option enabled, see this screenshot. I also have no AOD to bypass, as it's disabled.Screenshot_20220513-131431_AlwaysOnDisplay_29331_1652444072.png
0 Likes