Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving apps to external storage

(Topic created on: 09-08-2020 06:02 PM)
ElizabethS
First Poster
Options
After inserting my micro sd card into my newly bought Samsung A21s, for some reason I can't move apps to my sd card. It works for everything else such as moving files or pictures into my sd card so I don't understand why I can't transfer apps to it. I know on Samsung devices you can't transfer certain apps to your sd card but it isn't working for any apps. Is anyone else having this problem? And how do I fix it?
4 REPLIES 4
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @ElizabethS 

Some phone's don't allow the movement of any apps to a Sd Card.

If you go into Settings_Apps_Tap on the App you want to move to the Sd Card_Storage and tap change if that option is available.

If that option isn't there then your phone may not allow this function.

🌈 Stay Safe & Stay Alert.  🌈 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

cheekyA
Apprentice
Options
Have the same problem can't (won't) let me move apps to sd card, Samsung need to do an update to resolve this issue, the only two thing you can do is set up new photos to be stored on sd card when taken a photo and it will allow you to move files to sd card
0 Likes
Anthony7D7
Student
Options

Ditto, same problem for me. I just purchased the phone and cannot find anything official from Samsung regarding this issue  / limitation so I'll vote with my wallet and return the A21s and stick with my old phone compared to which the A21s proving to be a marginal upgrade. 

0 Likes
DavidWatkins526
First Poster
Options

Yes, I have a similar problem. Samsung A10 allows transfer, Samsung M21 does not. Same apps tested on both phones.

0 Likes