Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hotspot Keeps Shutting Off

(Topic created on: 29-09-2021 04:03 PM)
n0stalgia
Explorer
Options
Since before the most recent update my hotspot has been turning off automatically and I've tried Resetting my Network Settings, Rebooting, Updating the System and restarting the phone and none of these have worked so far can anybody help solve the problem?
Go to solution
12 REPLIES 12
MrCrossy
First Poster
Options
I have a problem similar, mine won't work with 5ghz, just auto toggles off, works with 2.4ghz but not 5ghz, it had been working fine in 5ghz mode until latest update at the end of December. Can anyone advise on a solution please?
n0stalgia
Explorer
Options
Oddly enough, my phone started having this issue and after the next update it simply started working again. Trying to wipe the system cache if you need an instant fix might work but I'm not too sure, but it is worth an attempt. In order to wipe the system cache:
1. turn off your phone
2. plug your phone into a computer and press and hold the power button until the phone vibrates and you see the Samsung logo.
3. Use the volume buttons to navigate the menu and clear system cache.
4. Reboot the device.
0 Likes
tbodine88
First Poster
Options

I have been using cell phone hot spots for 10 years. I have used Android 6,7,8,9,10 & 13.

I have used HTC1, LG4, LG5, and MotoG Play. I now have the Galaxy A14 5G. Running Android 13 & one UI 5.1.

The phone will crash if any other app is running while using the hot spot, even after clearing the cache. it has crashed even when just running the hot spot alone. none of the other phones ever exhibited this problem.

i suspect the problem is the hot spot driver has a memory leak. I believe the best option is to find a phone by another manufacturer. If an update was forthcoming I would apply it, but a check shows, there are none.

The fact that this thread is three or four years old is a bad sign.

0 Likes