Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone experienced any problems with software updates.

(Topic created on: 09-04-2021 08:25 AM)
toe
Student
Options

Can some please tell me why my phone has changed since my up grade .
I do not like these changes they are in my opinion unnecessary. It is OK to make software faster and improve accuracy, but I now have a side swipe panel missing and some of my notifications, for example text and phone calls missed, are not how they use to be.
I have spoken to two samsung agents and I am informed that I should get in contact with software engineers, surely as I have reported my issue then some should be in contact with me in person to one apologise and explain when my problem wil be resolved. I am rather annoyed that there was an issue with my upgrade and that certain features have changed for the worst. 
I would like to know if anyone else has had any an issues with any upgrades that have affected the use of their phone. 

Toe
8 REPLIES 8
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @toe 

Software updates for me carry security patches which are paramount.

Also updates can be slightly different via region and if the phone's was supplied by a Network as they typically have their own csc and flavour of software on them as dictated by the network itself. Which is them wanting to stop any clashes with their network features and apps.

I've yet to be affected by an update to the point that I'm not enjoying using my phone.

However software updates can also bring new features and enhance current features but can also remove some too.

This is why I personally read the change log that comes with the update that highlights the key changes before updating,  and I look on YouTube and Google search to learn from others who have updated and how they found the update, before updating. I also usually give it a week or so before updating so I can see more feedback.

Peoples wants and needs are different so an update could be fine for some but not for others.

I personally use the Get Help section in the Samsung Members app to send feedback.

The Samsung Agent should have passed your information and feedback to the relevant department in my opinion. 

You can't roll back using the phone's native settings but you can via reading tutorials in xdadevelopers.com and sammobile.com 

Disclaimer
Using a Custom Rom / trying to use other methods to rollback firmware can bring about an unstable phone or it may not work properly if the process glitches or the wrong Rom is used. It may stop Samsung Pay from working if the procedure trips your Knox Counter.
A person takes full responsibility if they perform this process and do so at their own informed decision. Again the process may trip Knox and may affect the Samsung Warranty. Samsung could levy a charge to put this right or deny support.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
toe
Student
Options
Thankyou so much for your well informed reply. My main concern is that I don't like change and this is due to my ASD of which is now having too accept the relevant points you have made, it is sometimes very difficult to settle and accept something which I was use too.
I still wonder why my missing swipe panel was removed especially as it was all using Samsumgs own Internet service.
Now I will have to settle on downloading the missing apps as and when I need them, which for me as written above is a true ball ache, or let's say it's like driving a left hand car, when you have driven on the right, but I confidently know that there's someone who can make me see the points I have missed and restore some calm to my head.

So a massive thanks to you BandOfBrothers.

Best wishes from too.😀
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

You're very welcome @toe 

When you say “ side swipe panel ” are you referring to the edge panel ?

A software update shouldn't take that away. It may have been inadvertently de activated so it might be beneficial to check in the phone's settings.

Your apps may need updating or are in your library in the Playstore.

Sometimes older apps have been abandoned by the developer so may not work as they did with previous updates.

Part of the software process is for your apps to then be optimised. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
It irks me too that certain Support representatives will pass on stuff like the above to the developers but others will tell us to post here in the community forum instead to get their attention. Some of the changes are to do with Android operating system modifications as much as UI interface updates. Loss of expected functionality is never a good thing no matter how the PR team spin it as progress
0 Likes
freshadma
Journeyman
Options
well updates change the phone of course and some times worst like double tap for settings instead of activity but you have to get used to it
0 Likes
freshadma
Journeyman
Options
its just how it works
0 Likes
harris_barris
Pioneer
Options
Afraid what is written above this is correct. A lot on mine has changed too since the new update and as frustrating as it is, you just need to get used to it.
0 Likes
tenorsaxman
First Poster
Options
Bluetooth issues. Paired my phone successfully but won't pair with sony speaker
0 Likes