Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy A52s 5G frame bending/flexing/loose on left side

(Topic created on: 21-01-2022 05:58 PM)
NickB819
Student
Options

Hi,

I recently got a Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G through Sky, and have had it only since Tuesday 18th January 2022. It has stayed in my room ever since and I have not dropped it once, nor has it taken any damage or impacts of any kind. It is brand new.

Yesterday I noticed the plastic frame on the lower part of the left side clicked extremely subtly when very light pressure from my fingers is applied, and compresses in a bit when doing so, and today almost the entire left side of the frame flexes/bends slightly as if it is loose from the rest of the phone. The right, top and bottom sides of the frame do not do this, they are solid and the flexing was definetely not happening with the left side when I took it out of the box. 

I have looked online and there are some other people who seem to have a similar issue. My previous phone was the Galaxy J5 (2016) which came with an aluminium frame and i've had no similar issues with that after six years.

It seems to me this is poor quality control on the part of Samsung, but although it is a very subtle issue, I want to have it fixed in case it causes greater problems years down the line, but I'm not sure of what action to take next - should I request a repair or explain the issue to support?

Thanks,

Nick

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
I'd ask Sky for a replacement, yours has a broken frame on arrival. Did the packaging look damaged in any way? Just wondering if the courier dropped or stood on it or someone else did in the delivery chain

View solution in context

5 REPLIES 5
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
If new phone
And there a fault with the frame
You could try contacting support
Explaining the issue
They may help

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/

Or sky who got phone from
Solution
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
I'd ask Sky for a replacement, yours has a broken frame on arrival. Did the packaging look damaged in any way? Just wondering if the courier dropped or stood on it or someone else did in the delivery chain
NickB819
Student
Options

Thank you, the packaging seemed in good condition to me. From what I've read online some people are saying it is poor quality control on the part of Samsung with these plastic frames, and I get that it is a mid-range phone, but it should not be breaking like this just a couple of days into its life when it hasn't been used at all. 

GothicGeisha
Navigator
Options
Stop gripping it so hard lol. No seriously contact sky & tell your not happy with the phone, for the first 12mth or so it's their duty to replace defective phones. Only once their warranty ends would it then go to Samsung.
AnaMm1
Student
Options

Same here. Bad quality control I guess. Really disappointed!!

0 Likes