Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy A51 repeated text problems recently

(Topic created on: 05-10-2022 09:50 PM)
petranch
First Poster
Options

I don't know where to post this.  My A51 was fine until last month when I suddenly couldn't receive pictures in my texts after my service contract ran out.  I restarted it and could not use this text function.   Tracfone was awful so I cancelled my service and then restarted it for the 2nd time.  That fixed all the problems.  A few days ago a software update finished and I lost the ability to receive any kind of text at all, even with WiFi on.  I have been through numerous trouble shootings with Tracfone Tier 3 tech support.  They say that now I have to do a Factory reset.  I don't understand why restarting my service produced all of these problems, then restarting it fixed it, and now an update has created more problems.  Any answers?  Is this going to continue to happen with every update?  Thanks

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I'm not confident a factory reset will solve this @petranch 🤔

To receive pictures in texts or send them your account with your network may need to be provisioned for MMS i.e Multimedia Texts.

Only your Network's Customer Support can do this.

Also check the settings in your text settings i.e launch your text app, tap on the 3 little dots in the right hand side and tap on settings then More Settings and Tap on Multimedia Settings and look at the settings there.

As a process of elimination can you try your sim card in another phone and then see what happens  ?

I wish you all the best. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes