Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy A51 and Google Play Store

(Topic created on: 17-12-2020 08:28 AM)
Gunner19
Journeyman
Options

I purchased my device on the 17/09 last. I began having difficulties downloading apps from the Google Play Store shortly afterwards. I contacted Samsung Chat & the decision was subsequently made to return the device for inspection/repair. Shortly after the return of my device the problems began again, apps pending or waiting for download or sometimes taking a whole day to download & install, eating up battery in the process. I again contacted Samsung when a request was made to return the device for the second time. On both occasions the accompanying service docket seemed to indicate that the motherboard was replaced. Samsung contacted me after the device was returned to me for the second time & the lady suggested that it was a software issue rather than a hardware one  & to contact Google. I've had the embarrassing situation of Google  Pay failing on two occasions & today the app just totally forgot my data. Samsung seem to have washed their hands of this by leaving me to sort the device with the Google platform self help site myself. I've followed all the Google suggestions & recommendations, including a wipe cache partition & factory reset. Nothing Samsung has done or anything on the Google self support page has helped to resolved the issues with my phone & I'm now left with a dud A51 smartphone. I'm working on home WIFI @150mbps & not relying on data, so no speed issues there. App downloads & updates from the Galaxy Store work fine so it's a problem with the Google software which can't seem to be fixed, assuming the hardware is fine.  I hope someone at Samsung can help to get this sorted before the Christmas holiday period.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Was the phone supplied directly by Samsung or via a mobile network as part of a contract @Gunner19  ?

Which country are you in ?

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Gunner19
Journeyman
Options

The phone was purchased outright from Three Mobile (Ireland) but it is network locked with them.

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Ok @Gunner19 

So the information I give is based from the UK and may differ via region.

In the UK it's the seller i.e 3 Network that have a Duty of Care to provide support under the Manufacturers Warranty although Samsung usually endeavour to help if they can, and consumers as well as companies are supported via the Consumer Rghts Act 2015. 

Perhaps look for something similar for support @Gunner19 and put this back in 3 Networks court by speaking to them.

If you want the phone unlocking to all networks then 3 will have an unlocking policy.

I wish you all the best with this. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes