Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy A42 5G always on display

(Topic created on: 09-03-2021 01:05 AM)
Chelle223
First Poster
Options

After recently purchasing this phone I have discovered no AOD availability, much to my disappointment. This was a valued feature on my previous phone.

Is Samsung going to add this feature in a future update?.. If not, then who feels that should. 
let’s give them feedback.

4 REPLIES 4
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Unfortunately we as fellow customers won't know what Samsung's plans are in regards to adding or even taking away functions and features @Chelle223 

You could send feedback via the Help me section in your Samsung Members App.

To add I agree the AOD feature is very useful.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
BigT22
First Poster
Options

Hi Chelle, its a battle. Trying to get information on which device has AOD is a real struggle, happened to me too! I was trying all the settings and I could not figure what i was doing wrong. I thought i was upgrading but i might as well stick with my note 8. 

0 Likes
Nikhilesh Meher
First Poster
Options

I too agree it must get AOD support. It's even an A series globally so it has to support all such features irrespective of the 720p display. I tried several third party AOD on the play store and found no issues of AOD with the 720p display.

Samsung should support AOD on this phone 

0 Likes
LORRIE1
First Poster
Options

I agree.  I just purchased this phone today. I previously had the A51.  I didn't realize until I setup the phone that it didn't have the always on display. I use this everyday.  Now I am debating ok returning the phone. I don't understand why they can't do am update and add this back.