Mojo24
Journeyman
Options
How do I fix water damage to my phone.
9 REPLIES 9
Steviebell
Student
Options
depends how damaged it is have you tried taking the battery and placing the battery and handset into a plastic bag containing rice not the tinned variety the plain rice
0 Likes
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
a friend at work dried his phone out using rice, he then put the bowl on top of his virgin media box. It took 5 days ... must have been the warmth of the box plus the dried rice. I hve not tried it.
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Mojo24 

As far as I'm aware the battery is user non removable so if you do remove it then you could cause further issues and definitely void any remaining warranty.

Leave the phone Off and in a warm.place like an airing cupboard for a week or so. Don't attempt to turn it on until this time period has passed.

If it won't turn On then something inside has blown and a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre can take a look but a charge would be made as this type of damage isn't covered under the manufacturer warranty.

Depending on the type of liquid that's got into the phone it may oxidise the internal boards.

I wish you all the best with this. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Mojo24
Journeyman
Options
Thanks for reply.Have tried rice and warm places.Comes up with orange warning signs,one is temperature gauge the other battery charge symbol.
0 Likes
Mojo24
Journeyman
Options
Thanks for reply tried rice and warm places.Not having any.Sealed unit so cant take battery out.Orange warning signs 1 thermometer gauge and 1 battery charger.
0 Likes
Steviebell
Student
Options
again like the other have said try not to use it but put the phone in a warm place for a few days then check on it after maybe 48hrs then leave for another 24 hours then just take from the warm place and let it get back to normal room temp. than try to charge it and see what happens if this fails to work then I am afraid you may need to have a chat with Samsung see what they can do and get an initial rough price on how much and what has likely happened. good luck
Bentuck1976
Journeyman
Options
maybe to late now love but they say to cover it in rice because rice is so good at absorbing water then leave in a dry place don't use a hair dryer that could cause more damage. apologies my comment maybe to late for you. hope you manage to fix,
Mojo24
Journeyman
Options
Samsung have taken off Translate,how can I translate my f/b and other Greek texts.
0 Likes
Mojo24
Journeyman
Options
used to get translation on F/B and other Greek sites I use.This has been taken off for some reason.How do I get it back or something similar.
0 Likes