Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy A Series - Samsung Members App - Interactive Checks showing Action Required

(Topic created on: 02-04-2020 08:01 PM)
Gal54
Student
Options

An 'Action Required' notification shows up when running Interactive Check for Volume Up and Volume Down keys: 

Samsung Members App> Get Help> Interactive Checks> Hard Keys> Volume UP & Volume Down Keys.

Has anyone faced a similar issue on any Galaxy A series phones and how it can be rectified?

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
AndrewL
Options
@Gal54: Please can you confirm the model number of your phone? Are you experiencing issues with your Volume Up and Down buttons that led you to perform the interactive check?
0 Likes
Gal54
Student
Options

Have the same problem with both new A71 and A90 5G models. Still trying to work out on the possible affected issues of Volume up/down buttons and any sound issue as have never used Android 10 before. Hence wished to know what and where to look for the possible causes and effects if any. Thanks

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Gal54: I'm not really sure what you mean. For clarity, are the Volume Up and Down buttons working as expected, whereby the slider moves in accordance with your button presses? If you go to Settings > Sounds and Vibration > Volume, are all the sliders at a suitable level? Are you trying to find out what functions are possible when pressing the Volume Buttons? 

0 Likes
GingerSteve
Helping Hand
Options

Maybe it's something to do with android 10 having new settings / options for the side buttons ?
I will install the Samsung members app on my a70 and have a look

0 Likes
GingerSteve
Helping Hand
Options
Just installed and did the interactive hard key test , my up , down and side key (power/bixby) all came back as normal .
I have an A70 on android 10 , uk model
0 Likes
GingerSteve
Helping Hand
Options
I only got the "action required " when I purposely didn't press the required button when requested by the app
0 Likes
Gal54
Student
Options

AndrewL & GingerSteve - Thank you both for your input.

I definitely have this Action Required issue with Volume Up & Down button even after the phone has been updated including apps and many re-starts. It is a new phone and I am still trying to get a grasp of this issue while trying to work out how it may be affecting any other aspects of Sounds, though the volume slider is so far working ok and am concerned if any long term issues may pop up because of this. 

I called the technical help at Samsung but they said 'Action Required' notification does not tell them anything. 

I couldn't find any mention of this issue on the internet so far, so it's still a mystery. 

0 Likes
GingerSteve
Helping Hand
Options
It might sound a silly question, but are you pressing the buttons firmly enough before the timer runs out ?
And are you using a case? My cheapo case doesn't always allow the volume rocker to move correctly.

Otherwise I'm stumped
0 Likes
Gal54
Student
Options

Don't worry - It's not a silly question.

The phone is without any case and I have tried by pressing buttons firmly and have tried this check probably 20 times by now. I have also tried by un-installing the Members App and reinstalling it but still no luck.

All other Interactive Checks of the phone are fine including the Side Key. 

0 Likes