Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy A Series Raw Photo Capture / Better camera functionality (Full Camera2API support)

(Topic created on: 06-02-2020 12:30 AM)
BroskiKaizer
Student
Options

Dear Samsung, I bought a Galaxy A50 assuming that with a 3 lens, 24mp camera came great photos. I was wrong. JPG images taken with the Galaxy A50 are full of artifacts, noise, and lack of detail. These are caused by Samsung's decision to not support the full Camera2 API, Android's official camera API, which enables the capture of RAW images, full manual control of the camera, and official, high-quality HDR, panorama, and Night Mode capabilities. I cannot see why you have decided to not allow us to harness the full potential of the camera. You would get better ratings, because, alas, your camera is better. Users would be more satisfied and be more likely to buy your phones in the future (like me). They could make better use of third party camera apps, regardless of whether or not you choose to update the Samsung Camera App. You would not have to pay developers to build unnecessary photo modes when there are already pre-developed, free versions out there. As I understand, even on your highest-end phones, like the S10, you still do not allow access to the full Camera2 API. Why?

Samsung, please fix this.

The solving of this issue is so simple, that I will even tell you exactly how to do it. All you have to do is go into the Build.Prop file, and set
persist.camera.HAL3.enabled to 1
persist.vendor.camera.HAL3.enabled to 1

persist.camera.stats.test to 5

persist.vendor.camera.stats.test to 5

persist.camera.eis.enable to 1.

It's that simple. Users have already gotten this to work on rooted S9s and other devices, so why not just do it? I bet you it will take you no more than 30 minutes to an hour.

4 REPLIES 4
Emanu1674
First Poster
Options

Samsung want people to buy their most expensive phones, like the S20, and one way to force people to do so is artificially removing features from lower-end phones so people upgrade their phones or just buy the S series. I'm on my way to receiving my new A71 this week and RAW support is the first thing i'll check for, and the A71, being the best A series smartphone with 4 lens and 64mp camera can 100% handle Camera2API no doubt. I'll reply this comment when i get my new phone so you guys know what to expect. Luckily for us, a simple Build.Prop edit can fix the problem, but think for a moment that it didn't.

ya_zigzager
First Poster
Options

I think it's worth asking BLM tell about it so that Samsung does something🤡

Migó
Journeyman
Options

Any news or feedback? 

Can this be done by ourselves?

Is there a safe rooting for the A50?

Roberto987
First Poster
Options

I used to depend fully on a Mate20 lite that supports raw for smartphone photography contests. 

I bought an a51 hoping that I could improve my photography, it may not be much for others but it took a lot of effort to save the cash to buy it. 

When i saw that it supported pro I was excited to see what I could do with the new lenses only to find out the hard way that pro mode means does not mean that you get access to raw. 

This is a huge dissapointment and it is embarrassing that the only reason behind this is marketing strategies. 

If anybody could please point me to where I can hack this thing up to support it I would be really grateful. 

Samsung of you are reading this please enable raw format on the A series. 

Yours truly, 

An average Joe trying to hold to what little happiness he had left on a beautiful hobbie. 

0 Likes