Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faulty display of in app Ads

(Topic created on: 29-07-2022 05:03 PM)
Sajti84
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I've just moved from Galaxy S9 to Galaxy A52s and the in app ads displayed stretched out so no way to close them but need to terminate the app itself.

From what I see it is a specific problem to Samsung devices.
Related links:
https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S20/Ads-in-apps-stretched-out-as-well-as-some-webpages/td...
https://github.com/googleads/googleads-mobile-unity/issues/1951

4 REPLIES 4
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

It's up to the developers to sort out this issue out with AdMob as per your second link. There's nothing Samsung can do about a third party app issue, unfortunately.

0 Likes
Members_dtznvUh
First Poster
Options

I'd like to just add my voice to this issue, as its a real pain - particularly when the Ad close button is rendered off screen and obstructed.

The referenced link is not to any specific App and 3rd party Android developers are also frustrated with this issue.

As it only effects Samsung devices on Android 12 and One UI4.0 or higher it would appear to be a Samsung specific issue. Changing the screen resolution on other models may be a workaround, but the A52 I have (A52s 5G 256GB) apparently doesn't have this option.

Can Samsung not investigate to confirm this isn't a bug introduced in their latest releases or otherwise help resolve?

(Some of my example screenshots )

0 Likes
Jeryl59
First Poster
Options

Hi, this has to be an issue with Samsung. I don't use AdMob (Unity Ads without mediation) and I am facing the same issue. All the players (without exception) that contacted me about zoomed ads have been Samsung users. No other brands are affected and it affects AdMob and UnityAds (probably other providers too I imagine). 

0 Likes
Jay420
First Poster
Options

Facing the same issue. Do we have any solution on this?

0 Likes