Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fail to read sd card time to time

(Topic created on: 04-07-2022 08:10 PM)
jaeheon jung
Apprentice
Options

I purchased A53 a few weeks ago. I like and enjoy it.  one thing is wrong with sd card. 

I bought new SANdisk micro sd card 256gb from amazon, https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B08L5F6WVQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It worked okay at the first time. Then 1 week later, sd card was unmounted itself. I removed and reinstalled it. turned on and off the mobile. it worked well after then. 

a couple of days later, mobile said fail to read sd card. sd card was worked after turnning off and on  again. 

I saw the similar symtom  on this community. how can I fix it properly and completely? 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
Buy a Samsung micro SD card.
0 Likes
jaeheon jung
Apprentice
Options

@Bigtasty65 wrote:
Buy a Samsung micro SD card.

Thank you for the answer. Can you tell me the reason? I was looking for compatibility table or list. There is none. I think the mobile has to use only Samsung memory, Samsung should mention it.

0 Likes
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
I'm only going by previous experience. I once had a Sandisk card and encountered similar problems to you. I then bought a Samsung memory, a year or two afterwards and never had a problem again.
I don't use memory cards now but hope you sort out your problem.
0 Likes
jaeheon jung
Apprentice
Options

Thank you for sharing your experience. I will try it with Samsung sd card.

0 Likes
HootleTootle
Voyager
Options
I've got fake SanDisk cards a few times from Amazon, even when buying off Amazon themselves. I think they mix their own stock with stock from 'Fulfilled by' sellers, so you may get fakes.

I'd say try a Samsung card also, or Lexar. I use a Lexar 633x in my phone, and same card has been in many phones over the years with no issues. I now have a A53 5G too.
0 Likes