Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Document Scan not working after Android12 update on A52s

(Topic created on: 11-02-2022 03:41 PM)
ZiadiMohamed
Journeyman
Options

After installing the last release of android (12) , the document scan feature in the camera is no longer available, although the option is checked in the photo parameters. It was working perfectly in the previous release (11)

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
ZiadiMohamed
Journeyman
Options

@AndrewL  any idea? I uploaded a video with the different test cases . None worked. How to report this issue?

View solution in context

0 Likes
Solution
ZiadiMohamed
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

I did the upgrade to

One UI:  4.1

Android Kernel version: SP1A.210812.016.A52BXXS1CVD1

But still got the same problem , any idea ?

UPDATE: the function is restored after runnning the Phone on Safe Mode then a Restart in normal mode.

View solution in context

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
AndrewL
Options

@ZiadiMohamed: For clarity, have you tried heading to the Camera app > Tap the cog symbol > Scene Optimiser > Document Scan, to make sure the feature is toggled on. If it is, toggle it off, then on again, to see if this helps. If you have recently updated to Android 12, check for an available Camera app update by scrolling to the bottom of the Camera settings > About Camera. 

ZiadiMohamed
Journeyman
Options

Screenshot_20220212-233359_Camera.jpg

Here you are the tested scenarios and the version of the cameras software (latest version installed)

0 Likes
ZiadiMohamed
Journeyman
Options

@AndrewL my answer above

0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I had similar issue my document scanwas off, so just turned it back on after android 12 update
0 Likes
ZiadiMohamed
Journeyman
Options

@BruceH  i uploaded a video to show the non working scenario, but it is still in "Awaiting Validation" status, could you help validating the video please ?

0 Likes
Solution
ZiadiMohamed
Journeyman
Options

@AndrewL  any idea? I uploaded a video with the different test cases . None worked. How to report this issue?

0 Likes
Solution
ZiadiMohamed
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

I did the upgrade to

One UI:  4.1

Android Kernel version: SP1A.210812.016.A52BXXS1CVD1

But still got the same problem , any idea ?

UPDATE: the function is restored after runnning the Phone on Safe Mode then a Restart in normal mode.

0 Likes