Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chrome and system webview not updating

(Topic created on: 23-04-2021 10:07 AM)
jane84
Journeyman
Options
My daughter got an a41 in January and it's been working fine but having a problem installing the latest updates (dated 19th april) for Google chrome and android system webview - they either ignore when told to update or just spin round/ won't go any further than pending. Chrome did begin to install yesterday (download) but wouldn't complete the installation process so after an hour we stopped it. I've tried clearing the cache on the play store but this hasn't helped. Other apps are updating just not these two. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated 
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Uninstall all updates for them and try again
0 Likes
jane84
Journeyman
Options
Thanks for the advice I've been tearing my hair out trying to make the updates go through. I take it I just need to go into the playstore, locate chrome and webview then choose uninstall followed by telling them to reinstall again? Sorry I'm not the most tech savvy
0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Yes
0 Likes
jane84
Journeyman
Options
Thanks. I'll give it a try when she gets home from school
0 Likes
Robbie-35
Troubleshooter
Options
Everyone always has trouble updating they 2 apps for some reason try updating with WiFi then try updating with mobile data if that doesn't work if there is an update for more than just webview and chrome then trying doing update all that sometimes works for me sometimes I have to let it sit pending for a while before it finally starts to download don't know why it's just they 2 apps it does it with.
0 Likes