Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Certain Apps no longer working

(Topic created on: 05-06-2023 07:54 PM)
Emz2022
Apprentice
Options

I last updated my Samsung Galaxy A34 5G on the 26th May 2023 and since then certain apps have stopped working.  I've checked previous messages & tried the suggestion of going to settings > Apps > Show system apps > Android System Webview, click on this app and then, uninstall updates but this hasn't worked.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Emma

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Clear the cache for each app that isn't working. You could try to wipe the phones cache partition and repair apps while you are in recovery mode.
Emz2022
Apprentice
Options
Thank you, I'll try that.
Emz2022
Apprentice
Options

So clearing the cache has worked for 1 app so far but not another I've tried, I'll keep working my way through them but I don't know how to wipe the phones cache partition and repair apps while I'm in recovery mode as you suggested - how do you do that?  I'm not very tech!

Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Power off your device, and plug into a pc. Simultaneously press and hold the Volume Down + Power buttons, when you see the Samsung logo release buttons. Use the volume buttons to navigate the Recovery Mode menu. Use the power button to select Wipe Cache Partition. Wait for the system cache partition to clear. You can also repair apps while in recovery mode

I'm assuming the a34 will be similar steps, you may not need a pc, try without if it will not go into recovery mode. Then try plugging into a pc or using a set of USB-C headphones. I'm not familiar with the a34. You could Google it or look up on you tube if It doesn't work.
Emz2022
Apprentice
Options
@Fiona26 I've tried all you suggested & still certain apps aren't working. The one that was fixed before is now crashing again. Thanks for your help but I may have to accept defeat unless you have anything else I could try?
0 Likes