Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cant factory reset my samsung galaxy a10

(Topic created on: 17-09-2021 06:51 PM)
Gigi3
First Poster
Options

I got it a few years ago and haven't been on it in about 2 years. When I turn on the phone it doesn't require a password of any sort to get in. But in order to factory reset it, it requires the password for my google account which I can't remember. I can't reset it because google can't indetify the account as belonging to me and gives no other way for me to reset it I also probably set up the account using fake information. And ironically, the phone is signed in to the google account in question.

In order to factory reset it, I tried watching a YouTube tutorial on how to work around this by pressing the volume and off button, but in the description of the video it said that once facory reset this way it will ask for the google account password that's on the phone currently to set up the device as new 

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
You may need proof of purchase to prove you own the device to remove the Google account and to reset the phone.

If you reset it by that tutorial, you will trigger the Google reset lock which basically means a unauthorised reset has been done.

I am afraid proof of purchase is the only way to my knowledge... which is right cause its there to protect the owner. This is one the drawbacks of using fake or forgetful data for Google accounts.
0 Likes
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Gigi3 Hello, in my opinion if you manage to enter Recovery and perform Wipe factory reset, all the information on the terminal will be erased, it would remain as factory. It should not ask for more than SIM card PIN. You will have to configure Google account again.
It is my opinion Greetings.

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

0 Likes