Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect to car since Android 13

(Topic created on: 26-11-2022 02:45 PM)
Clrwheel
Student
Options
Since the Android 13 update, my phone lost connection to my car. It was working perfectly before the update. Then said it could not locate the phone. When I try to pair it, my phone cannot find the car via Bluetooth. Its not the car, because I have tested someone else's phone. I have also been able to connect the phone to a Bluetooth speaker, so it seems like the issue is just with the connection to the car. I've turned everything on and off multiple times. I'm definitely in pairing mode. I've tried to clear Bluetooth cache, but the option is greyed out. Please help! 
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
ARoyle
First Poster
Options
I have a similar problem. The car shows that the phone is paired with the phone, but the sound won't come over the car headphones. Other phones are fine. My phone has the same problem in another car too.
Andytechnut
Apprentice
Options
I have same issue since update. MY wife's Galaxy A40 works fine as does my sons apple work fine but my Galaxy S21 Ultra since 13 update no longer will work it also shows phone in Bluetooth list but will not connect functionality
0 Likes
drmairi
First Poster
Options
I have had exactly the same for many months. I chatted with Samsung who did get it sorted by disconnecting phone and car, doing a soft reset of phone and reconnecting. But I have to do that at regular intervals when the issue recurs. It also regularly disconnects from my smart watch. It's infuriating not to be able to rely on the phone, I'm honestly thinking of replacing it due to this.
jojames94
First Poster
Options

My Galaxy S21 phone on Android 13 connects to my car, pairs fine, shows all call logs, sms messages,etc however once a call is made, it connects to the person I`ve called, but the sound coming throught the car speakers is horrendous! I cannot actually hear anybody at all - so the whole thing is useless! Renault say its not my new car, as its compatible with Android 13. My phone connects to other vehicles via bluetooth no problem making a call and other phones connect to my car with no problem with making a call - I`m totally frustrated!

0 Likes