Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call and general Input audio all messed (A51)

(Topic created on: 08-12-2020 08:45 PM)
Lauryn143
First Poster
Options

More often than not if I'm on the phone (I've got an A51) with someone they say my voice is very very quiet and sometimes if I put them on speaker mode despite me trying to control the volume, its stuck on full volume but when I take it off speaker I regain control.

When I record audio as well its sounds distorted and with whatever I'm recording if its quiet enough it seems not to pick up any sound at all and then when there is "enough" sound it'll pop back and its just strange. Its not supposed to do that and I know this because the background ambience noise pops from silent to present during the recording.

I can temperarily fix it by restarting my phone but after about an hour it returns and its been about a month that this has been happening. I'm getting kinda annoyed and my phone was never water damaged my main headphones are Bluetooth and I barely use the headphone jack. Anyone have any ideas whats causing this?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

A Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre can take a look @Lauryn143 

There are a number of tests via the diagnostic tool in your Samsung Members App and via going over to your dial pad and type in *#0*#

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
DannyT
Options

So we'd recommend the above Hardware test for your Speaker tests. Then use *#0283# for testing your Mic. 

Select “Start: RCV_1stMic”, speak into your phone like you’re on a call, can you hear yourself talk? Once you’ve done that select “Start: SPK_2ndMic”, talk into your phone like you’re talking to someone on speaker phone, can you hear the playback? Let us know the results.

Welcome to the Community!

0 Likes
Lauryn143
First Poster
Options

The speaker test was completely fine. When I did the mic test via the app it replayed my full audio but very very low quality almost robotic sounding and it dips in and out in places. For the keypad mic tests the 1st one I heard one word repeated with the same kind of low quality and then nothing else when I kept trying. For the 2nd mic test I heard no audio at all played back.

0 Likes