Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boot Menu ...?

(Topic created on: 26-12-2023 10:39 PM)
PatrickJD
Student
Options
So after several attempts at trying to get in to the android boot menu on my A546B/DS I am a complete loss as to why I cannot seem to access the darn thing. Does anyone have any advice ? 
Also, I have tried EVERYTHING to get my (now) new sim to work as it should but I've never had so many issues with the network coverage than what I do at the minute. 
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
katlouise
Explorer
Options
You might need to plug it into a computer before trying to get into the boot menu with the side and volume keys. Don't need to do anything on the computer once it's plugged in, just for some reason it needs to be connecred to a computer to do it. Maybe moral support? Idk
PatrickJD
Student
Options
Thanks katlouise I'll give it a try 👍🏻
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Yes i agree with the above reply, plug into a USB port, TV or computer with the charging cable while the phone is turned on. Turn it off and use the volume & side key pressed simultaneously to access boot menu.
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@PatrickJD the procedure was changed for many modern devices after Android 11, one reason given (though not officially) was to prevent inadvertent acccess.https://piunikaweb.com/2021/01/09/samsung-devices-on-one-ui-3-0-android-11-update-now-require-a-usb-... 

Have you checked if any issues with Network?  otherwise an idea to Reset the Network Connections,search Reset Network Connections or go to Settings-General Management-Reset-Reset Network connections.  Though in One UI6 Mobile Network Reset and Wift/Bluetooth Reset are listed seperately.   Could also Reinsert sim Card.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
It works on the S21+5g, or it did before android 14 👍
0 Likes