Colin131195
Journeyman
Options
How do I sign up for the beta program 
5 REPLIES 5
Ben3287
Pioneer
Options
It will show up in the benefits section of this app i believe, thats what i read anyway buddy.
0 Likes
lushamak
Pioneer
Options
Depends on your country, the beta program was released in India, Korea and USA only up to now. You can join if your device is eligible by accepting the invitation in samsung member application.
chippie
Pathfinder
Options
Hi Colin,

Hope you had a fab weekend!

Where abouts are you in the world?
What device are you looking to put the Beta on?

There is something called the CSC, Country Specific Code which must be a certain value for you to be eligible to receive the Beta in your region. Let me know the answer to the above two questions and will then explain a little more.

Mark.
0 Likes
Colin131195
Journeyman
Options
Stoke On Trent England
Samsung Galaxy A40
chippie
Pathfinder
Options
Hi, thanks!

Well OK, so in the UK we need or should need the default CSC code to be BTU as this tells Samsung's Servers that the device is eligible to receive Beta software. It used to be that this showed that the device was Unlocked however Samsung restructured the way CSC codes work not that long ago and devices can be Network Unlocked without having BTU as the code. So BTU now really shows that the device is NOT associated with an operator, O2, EE etc. normally devices purchased directly from Samsung for example.

I am not sure yet if Samsung are sending out the Betas to just phones with a CSC code of BTU or to Network Unlocked phones.

However, the bad news 😕. The betas are normally only released to flagship phones like the S21, Fold 3, Flip 3.
Also I do not believe the A40 will even get android 12 at all, I'm really sorry Colin 😞.

https://www.gottabemobile.com/samsung-galaxy-android-12-update-info/amp/#Samsung-Android-12-Updates
0 Likes