Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery drain since One UI / android 11 update

(Topic created on: 10-04-2021 06:28 PM)
lancylass
First Poster
Options
Updated earlier this week Samsung A40 
Fast charging now not working and battery drain is just awful. Went to bed on 49% and woke up to 1%
Optimised battery, put apps into deep sleep, changed to dark mode, deleted unused apps....just dreadful. 
Been on charge all day since 7am and.only just reached 100% @ 18.25

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
gggeek
Journeyman
Options

No hard data to show, but I confirm that battery drain seems to be worsened with Android 11 on my A40, with the exact same usage patterns than before the upgrade

Kenneth-071
Navigator
Options

I'm experiencing this as well on my A71, when I was on Android 10 by phone would loss just 1% overnight if even that. Now on Android 11 I loss as much as 12% overnight & nothing I've tried resolved the issue.

I've tried:

1. Putting apps to sleep.
  2. Turning on power saving mode.
  3. Turning off location services.
  4. Turning on airplane mode overnight & turning on 'Senors Off'.
  5. Clearing the cache partition.
  6. Ever did a full factory reset (twice).

Not of these worked, even if I power off the phone overnight it seems to still loss about 3%. Device Care battery statistics doesn't seem to show what's causing this drain.

On a side note.....I don't like the new power saving mode on Android 11, it sucks compared to the previous one from Android 10. This seems like its a system problem that Samsung should fix, should have known something was up when I got the update early, I never agreed to be a beta tester!

Wayn76
First Poster
Options

I got s5e and after the update, I got exactly this same problem