Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

A71 microphones, Loopback Test?

(Topic created on: 31-12-2020 02:05 PM)
Nota_Geek
Apprentice
Options

This morning I recorded 3 voice messages in Snapchat,  they all show by play with no sound.  Anyway, I decided to try and test the phone and found somethiunbg called the Loopback ytest  (on the keypad enter *#0283# ).

I see  3 options:

RCV_1stMic . . . . this records sound but plays back VERY quietly.

SPK_2ndMic . . .this records sound  but plays back normally through phone speaker

E/P . . .this records but only plays back through headphones.

Can anyone explain what the  RCV_1stMic is?  I assume that the nothers are working correctly.

Thanks.

Has anyone else had a mysterious loss of sound on a snapchat recording.  3 weeks ago it happened on one out of several video recordings, and today on 3 voice recording made one after the other,  But it was fine yesterday and good again now,

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
skandigraun
Explorer
Options

RCV_1st is supposed to be the microphone at the bottom, used for regular calls (not in speakerphone mode, but when you hold the phone to your ear). It is normal to hear yourself quietly, since in normal mode it is very close to your mouth, it doesn't amplify the input.

However unfortunately I can't help with your Snapchat issue.

View solution in context

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
Solution
skandigraun
Explorer
Options

RCV_1st is supposed to be the microphone at the bottom, used for regular calls (not in speakerphone mode, but when you hold the phone to your ear). It is normal to hear yourself quietly, since in normal mode it is very close to your mouth, it doesn't amplify the input.

However unfortunately I can't help with your Snapchat issue.

0 Likes