Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A70 screen will not dim/USB connection.

(Topic created on: 18-08-2019 12:14 AM)
AndrewTanner
Journeyman
Options

Hey,

I've noticed a problem with my A70 regarding trying to dim the screen when locking manually or expecting it to lock after screen timeout.

Basically, my phone won't sleep, at least not whilst charging. I spent a good while playing around with settings on my phone, such as timeout and lock screen settings. I also powered off the device but no luck.

After trying to figure out the problem further I discovered that the notification tray is being constantly updated every few seconds swapping between "Android system USB connector connected" and "Android system USB connector disconnected". So presumably this is what is keeping the phone awake as it thinks it is being constantly connected and disconnected from source USB source. I cleaned out the USB port but it was pretty clean to begin with. I'm not getting any notifications regarding any moisture detection.

The A70 charges just fine (though sometimes there is a slight delay to it recognising being plugged in) and it seems that the USB tethering interface is working well as I can use the remote debugging feature in Google Chrome (for web development purposes) just fine. As far as I can tell, there are no actual issues with the USB port - it functions as I would expect.

The A70 was last updated on the 14th August to "Security Patch level: 1 July 2019" and looking over the log of updates I see that "The charger/USB port's moisture detection algorithm has been improved" - so someone somewhere has been looking at this feature and I doubt it coincidence that my device has just developed a fault, given that I've not had it anywhere near moisture or excessive dirt.. and the port still actually works!

I've also tried Safe Mode but the issue persists. Also, if I power the device off, then plug it into the wall, power it on, the notification issue stops... until I unplug it/switch off the wall socket - then it comes back again.

Anyone else having similar problems?

556 REPLIES 556
Julieminho94
First Poster
Options

I am also having the same problem. And there is a time yesterday that when I restarted my phone it takes a while before my phone lighted up again and it makes me nervous and thought my phone is damaged since it I have tried turning it on a couple of times. Luckily after a couple of minutes my phone turned on after trying it a couple of times. PLEASE SAMSUNG FOX THIS BUG. IT REALLY CONSUMES THE BATTERY LIFE OF OUR PHONE AND IT MAKES OUR PHONE REALLY HOT BECAUSE THE SCREEN WONT TIME OUT. THANK YOU 😔😔😔

0 Likes
Hardyb31
Pioneer
Options

Are u using the original fast charger?

0 Likes
niklaswulms
First Poster
Options

I am also having the problem since updating yesterday to the actual firmware version. 

I am using the original charger since I got the phone in september. 

(1) I also tried the battery drain (until nothing happend when I pressed the On/Off Button), recharge and then started the phone again - but it stays on.

(2) I also used the stop USB in the App menu with cleaning the cache and deleting the files - nothing changed.

(3) The developer mode USB mode change was also tried out - nothing changed. 

Everytime, when it is connected to the charger, the screen can be turned off. Very useful feature... 

0 Likes
Mols
First Poster
Options

What method?

0 Likes
niklaswulms
First Poster
Options

Now it seems like I can lock the screen - but USB still loops through connect/disconnect.

I switched to the middle option of the energy saving modes. 

EDIT: Okay, the screen turns on and off every 20-30 seconds after a while. Worked only for about 5 minutes... 

0 Likes
Breeza
First Poster
Options

This issue started happening before I went to bed, with the nofication and woke up to noticed it was keeping my screen awake. Tried the fix of going to usb settings, clearing cache and turning my phone off for a few minutes and now it works fine 👍🏼

Edit; Never mind, it worked for a bit, before coming back. Did the same thing and it was fine, and an hour later it's back 🙄

0 Likes
adainair
Apprentice
Options
Guys same problem here, this must be Samsung fault
0 Likes
Pb15
First Poster
Options

I had the same issue for days. Cell phone running all the time, draining battery and getting hot.

I performed a wipe cache reset and everything back to normal.

Hope it works for you guys.

Jahleel49_
First Poster
Options

So this happened to me too and believe me this is the most annoying thing, i have ever experienced since i started using Samsung products, At first i thought it was hardware fault but after doing some research online, I figured it was a software problem because initially this started happening after i update my A70, i tried a lot of things to stop this, Like playing with the settings a little bit, factory reset (i lost a lot of data, so don't risk it, it won't work) and so on, so after doing all this, i gave up but to my greatest surprise it stopped on its own, and i don't know if this problem will return but for now it stopped and my phone is back to normal and I have been using it for 2days now withouts any problems....

Of course i will make another post, if the problem happens to return, but i hope it doesn't...lol😄

0 Likes
DSank
First Poster
Options

The clearing cache and data worked for me..  I had to restart after, but then after it restarted was fine..  thank you..  now it's only been 10 mins, but I'm hoping it's a permanent fix.

0 Likes