Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A70 - can I mirror my screen via the USB port?

(Topic created on: 06-12-2022 01:00 PM)
apemyr
First Poster
Options

Hi,

My daughter's A70's screen is black, and I wish to recover her contacts off the phone. I've tried all the suggestions on Google & YouTube  about long presses etc. on power & volume buttons. Apart from the screen being permanently black the phone seems to work - vibrating on power up/down, and alarm goes off at 7:30am (!)  I've failed to connect to my Win10 PC via the USB port because I can't see the phone's screen to unlock the phone and to set up the file transfer connection. I have no problems doing this on my own phone (with screen).

She's already paid to replace the screen once (at £100) and doesn't want to do so again (as advised by a Mobile Fixing Shop).

So, I thought I could use the USB port to connect to a TV via a USB to HDMI converter. But on Googling I discovered that the A70's USB port does not support this functionality. (Other Samsung phones seem to have it.)

My question is this:  has anyone successfully managed to use the USB port an the A70 to mirror the phone's screen on another external screen (TV/Monitor/Phone)? Is it technically possible even if it means extra hardware?

I'd really appreciate any advice.

Thanks, 

- Daf

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
Forzabox7154_SM
Pioneer
Options
For phones that don't oficially support hdmi over type-c, you can use an adaptor like used in this video https://youtu.be/Zim9w_iU3Og
0 Likes