Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A54 main camera

(Topic created on: 28-09-2023 01:23 PM)
Mary551
Pioneer
Options
Does the main 50mgp camera have zoom feature? Mine doesn't. It only zooms on the 12mgp camera.
Thanks

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
I would say that's normal my ultra has 200mp 50mp and 12mp and the zoom only works on 12, it does work on 50mp in expert raw mode but I don't think the a54 has that
0 Likes
Mary551
Pioneer
Options
Thank you Ash. I have since phoned Samsung about this, and they say it SHOULD zoom to 4 on the 50 mgp. So it appears to be a fault.
Badger42
Helping Hand
Options
On the normal A54 camera, it has the option to zoom x2, x4 and x10
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
OK glad you got an answer and hope they sort it for you.
0 Likes
Mary551
Pioneer
Options
But NOT on the MAIN 50 MGP camera. That's the problem. The zooms are only on the 12 mgp cameras
0 Likes
Badger42
Helping Hand
Options
Sorry, just checked my camera again and if it is set to 3:4 50MP no zoom, but 3:4 has the zoom options. I think they use pixel binning for the main camera unless you choose the full 50mp option.
0 Likes
Mary551
Pioneer
Options
Badger, this is so helpful. Thank you, although not the answer I wanted. My previous A50 has a 25mgp main camera AND it zooms. Quality very good. I am therfore worried that zoomed photos on the 12mgp may nit be so good. How do you find it?
0 Likes
Badger42
Helping Hand
Options
I upgraded from the A53, so not that much difference with the newer version but it is very smooth.
0 Likes
Mary551
Pioneer
Options
Is it good quality using just the 12 mgp camera to zoom?
0 Likes