Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A54 5g - German or Malaysian

(Topic created on: 26-09-2023 08:59 PM)
Members_PdwAt9g
First Poster
Options

Hey all,

I just bought a phone for my mum. An A54 5g model number  SM-A546E/DS.

I bought it from Amazon and it was advertised as being a German version of the phone. But looking up that model number it says Latin -Brazil.

In the About Phone section there is a Regulatory Information section that says MCMC HIDF15000004. Which to my understanding is the Malaysian regulator.

So, can anyone shed any light one what I've just bought?   ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The worst thing is there is a greyed out shopping app called "Lazada" which I can't delete, I either install it or look at a greyed out icon permanently. Apparently it's a south east shopping app owned my Alibaba.

Does this confirm that it's a Malaysian phone? 

Do Samsung force this onto Malay users, or have I got some sort of hacked rom installed?

20230926_200116.jpg

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
The model number covers a wider variety if countries other than Brazil so could well be Malaysian. The phone is compatible with UK networks but you may have update problems. In relation to the ad, I don't know, the Malaysian forum may be more helpful.
0 Likes
Badger42
Helping Hand
Options
The SM-A546E from Amazon is the Malaysian version and whilst it will work in the UK, the maintenance warranty is only valid in Malaysia. I originally ordered mine from Amazon for the German EU model but got the Malaysian version and sent it back for a full refund and got the the SM-A546B version from a eBay supplier in Wellingborough with no issues.
0 Likes