Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A53 bluetooth and Wi-Fi interference

(Topic created on: 25-03-2023 01:39 PM)
Ss2o
First Poster
Options

So, I just got a Galaxy A53, a phone affected by Samsung's incredibly stupid decision of taking out the headphone jack, and I've been using it with my Xiaomi Mi True Wireless Earbuds Basic 2, from one or two years ago, that run Bluetooth 5.0, not the latest 5.2, and I've noticed that essencially every time I try to listen to anything while connected to Wi-Fi (90% of my house's Wi-Fi is 2.4GHz AP's), my audio pitch keeps changing. It seems like this doesn't happen if i use mobile data, and, even tho it's hard to tell, I don't think it happens on my JBL GO 2 speaker, which uses, according to the internet, Bluetooth 4.1. This used to happen on my old A50, but only once every week or so, and cleaning the Cache for bluetooth would fix it. On the A53 it happens every single goddamn time, no matter how much I clean the cache. At first I suspected Wireless LAN interference, which makes sense, and seems to have been at least part of the problem, as I've tried changing the channel my router operates at, and it seems to have helped, but it sill happens basically just as often, just not with the same intensity. At this point I'm considering buying the new Xiaomi Redmi Buds Essential, wich are pretty much the earbuds I already have, rebranded, with bluetooth 5.2 instead of 5.0, 10 bucks more expensive, but I have no idea if that would fix my issues or not. Does anyone else experience this type of issue, is it exclusive to Bluetooth 5.0, are my earbuds just old?

P.S.: I know the A53 is a terribly dumb phone, and the A52 5G would have been an infinitely smarter option, but I got the A53 as a gift from a contract with a service provider, so I didn't have much choice in the matter.

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
MNas04
Helping Hand
Options
I use YouTube Music and use my Galaxy Buds. I have no issues with mine when using the Bluetooth.
0 Likes