Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A52s loses all power in seconds, without warning/error

(Topic created on: 26-04-2023 10:50 AM)
jt_ftp
First Poster
Options
Hi all

I've recently found that my Galaxy A52s 5G loses all power in a matter of seconds. This seems to happen when I'm playing Golf Clash on WiFi and by battery gets to about 20%. Today I think it happened when I had about twice as much charge left. There is no warning or error message, and the battery completely discharges to 0%.

This is a second-hand reconditioned phone that I've had for about 4 months I think. I don't remember having the problem until I recieved a One UI update for the first time, but that could be a coincidence. I've done another One UI update this week, but still had a battery crash today.

All suggestions welcome, thanks.

jt_ftp
0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
BrianHD88
Pathfinder
Options
Got to be your phone mine not had that issue and on mine nearly all day bare when working
0 Likes
Badger42
Helping Hand
Options
You can check the battery health through the diagnostics in the Samsung members app to see if it is an issue with the battery. It could also be the golf app that is the issue.
0 Likes
jt_ftp
First Poster
Options
Thank you. The battery seems to get a clean bill of health in the diagnostic test. I'm sure I got a system notification the other day that said 'Your phone's been on charge for 15 days' the other day (which it definitely hadn't!), so something seems to be misfiring somewhere...
0 Likes
jt_ftp
First Poster
Options
Thanks -- I'll keep plugging away (no pun intended).
0 Likes
Badger42
Helping Hand
Options
After the one UI update, did you wipe the cache partition? https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ Sometimes it is also worth clearing the data and storage cache for the device care and device health apps to see if that helps with the battery.
0 Likes
hasn
Apprentice
Options
Samsung galaxy a32
0 Likes
Tupacohac
Journeyman
Options
Im the same.. hav the fone 3months and from the start the fones overheating,, battery draining and goes dim itself and it happens wif most apps! about 80% of them including factory apps built in to fone... So basically u can only really be on an app for half an hour b4 it goes dull and heats up.. Terrible fone!
0 Likes
jt_ftp
First Poster
Options
Thanks - I'm wondering if mine's an overheating issue. It does get quite warm when I'm on it for more than 15 mins continuously. Might try it without the protective case I bought, and see if that helps it stay cooler/slows the rate of battery draining.
0 Likes
jt_ftp
First Poster
Options
Although heating may not be an issue, as this is how it drained overnight, with no use from me and no apps running.Screenshot_20230502_090519_Device care.jpg
0 Likes