Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A52s draining overnight after recent update

(Topic created on: 04-05-2023 07:44 AM)
Tessamiah
Apprentice
Options

Since the last one UI update my phone's loses upto 20% battery overnight.With no apps usage shown in the battery app. During the day the usage is absolutely normal as before. The graph slope starts about 1 hour after charging to 85% prior to sleep, drops to approx 70% before I get up, but then after using the slope flattens out a bit and carries on as expected.

Any ideas that are not the usual apps/optimise/background. What has changed in the update.

4 REPLIES 4
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
There could be a number of causes, you could have many vampire apps. That can discharge battery's faster that it can be charged.
Adaptive brigness turn off and set manually. Do you use Bluetooth or WiFi?? If not turn them off.
Dark mode and extra dim does help and if you have 'battery saver' this will help as well. Also if you don't want onscreen notifications you could turn off the AOD (always on display)
0 Likes
Tessamiah
Apprentice
Options

hi pete007

I have turned off wifi,aod,adaptive bright etcetcetc all to no avail. Tried battery saver, reset apps. 

And why following an update wouldnthey suddenly change behaviour. 

I haved wiped individudl app caches,etc etc.

only thing not tried is partition cache wipe.

0 Likes
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
Does the device care highlite any apps at fault?? The other thing .... if you have a good WiFi signal then leave your phone connected as your phone will no longer keep looking for a signal.
0 Likes
Tessamiah
Apprentice
Options

hi pete 007

No, and I do .

0 Likes