Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A52s - Android 12 - Custom dictionary. Where is it?

(Topic created on: 28-11-2022 05:57 PM)
PeeledBanana
Apprentice
Options

Hello

I recently got a Samsung A52s phone with Android 12. I use the Samsung keyboard, but I can't seem to find the custom dictionary anywhere. Where is it?

Thx.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Badger42
Helping Hand
Options
If it is the same as the A53, under settings, general management, there is an option for personal dictionary and the keyboard settings. Hope this helps.
0 Likes
PeeledBanana
Apprentice
Options

How do you add or edit entries in your dictionary? On my previous phone I used to be able to double-tap a word and choose to add it to the dictionary. That option isn't available on my A52s. Can you do that on your A53?

0 Likes
Badger42
Helping Hand
Options
I use the Gboard keyboard for mine haven't used the Samsung one. But I think if you want to add a specific word to the dictionary you have hit the plus key in the personal dictionary settings. With Gboard it offers 3 suggestions when typing and you can use one of the suggestions by choosing it at the top of the keyboard.
0 Likes
PeeledBanana
Apprentice
Options

-

0 Likes
PeeledBanana
Apprentice
Options

The functionality you're describing is called text shortcuts, and predictive typing. It's not the custom dictionary. How do you delete a word that predictive typing has picked up?

0 Likes
Badger42
Helping Hand
Options
I believe it will only add the word if you choose it from the list of 3 suggestions. If you type a word incorrectly by mistake you can use the back space key on the keyboard to delete. For me Gboard normally remembers word suggestions I have clicked on before e.g. postcodes etc.
0 Likes
PeeledBanana
Apprentice
Options

It okay that you're fine with how predictive typing works, but that's "not the droid I'm looking for."