Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A52s 5g does not detect sim card post 1-Jan-2024 security update

(Topic created on: 28-01-2024 05:19 PM)
shwetadixitsh
Student
Options

Hello Samsung,

I am based in India. Today, 28 Jan 2024, my phone received Jan 2024 security update. However A52s 5g does not detect sim card post 1-Jan-2024 security update. Please help to resolve this issue.i have tried all options but no respite.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@shwetadixitsh just to advise you have posted on the eu Samsung Community Forum Section and not your own regions 😎

You don't mention which troubleshooting steps you've tried. 

If the phone is dual sim try moving the physical sim to the ²nd slot. 

If not try Clear Cache Files from the phone's System Partition Section  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ You may need to insert your earphones or hook upto a powered On Laptop or use a Tv's USB Port to access the Clear Partition Section. This may help with lag or stutters as this clears the phone of old/unused or broken cache files.There is also a Repair Apps option in the Menu System too. 

Run the diagnostic tool found in your Samsung Members App to see if that highlights anything. 

If you can try the sim card in another phone as a troubleshooting step to see if the sim itself is misbehaving. 

A Samsung Service Centre can assess your phone. 

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
shwetadixitsh
Student
Options

Thanks for your response, my friend @BandOfBrothers . I will as well move this thread to IN based community

However to your point, I have tried network reset, moving the sim to sim slot 2, usually I use single sim only and in sim 1 slot. The sim works just fine in another phone. Also a a last resort, I have tried a full factory reset too. I tried the cache clear option you suggested now as well as running the diagnostic tool. No luck. The diagnostic tool shows error with sim network module. However what has just changed in phone is a Jan 2024 security update. No hard fall or physical changes. Just immediately after reboot, the sim is not detected.

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

It does then sound like a Samsung Service Centre needs hands on with the phone. 

I wish you all the best @shwetadixitsh 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes