Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

A52 5G phone WIFI connection failed (all networks) after August 1st (2022) update.

(Topic created on: 16-08-2022 12:46 PM)
Members_0BpGWcg
Student
Options

Hi,

Since the August 1st update (2022) my phone's WIFI keeps indicating "Connection failed".

No matter the WIFI network.

It worked fine before the August 1st update.

I have tried removing the WIFI network and re-adding it, resetting the Phone's network connections, resetting the WIFI router etc.

Other devices, including Samsung S4 and S7, connect to those WIFI networks just fine.

How can I fix the issue or remove the August 1st update?

Kind regards,

A52 5G user

(p.s. I have reported this through the members app as well)

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Members_0BpGWcg Hello, first I would try the Wi-Fi connection in safe mode / to rule out third-party applications /, and the tests from the Samsung members-Wifi app. Have you mentioned that you have reset the Network Settings? Yes, despite everything, the problem persists, perhaps it is necessary to reset the device to factory settings. Greetings.

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

View solution in context

7 REPLIES 7
mellody
First Poster
Options
My phone is th same a d I've been having issues for months connecting to my wifi
0 Likes
Solution
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Members_0BpGWcg Hello, first I would try the Wi-Fi connection in safe mode / to rule out third-party applications /, and the tests from the Samsung members-Wifi app. Have you mentioned that you have reset the Network Settings? Yes, despite everything, the problem persists, perhaps it is necessary to reset the device to factory settings. Greetings.

Members_0BpGWcg
Student
Options

Hi Ventor,

The members app diagnostics WIFI test says that WIFI is working normally.

I rebooted the phone into safe mode. After enabling WIFI and attempted to connect to the WIFI network, I get the same error ("Connection Failed". I hadn't tried that option, so thanks for that suggestion. 

After booting back into normal mode, re-adding the WIFI network, it now works...

Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Members_0BpGWcg Hopefully the problem has been resolved, but if not, don't hesitate to apply Factory Reset, with a previous backup. Advice- don't restore a backup, to avoid introducing a previous bug. Greetings and thanks for confirming!

0 Likes
A52user10945
First Poster
Options
I have also been having issues with unstable wifi on my A52 5G since the August 2022 update. Wifi has been fine previously but now keeps on dropping or showing "no internet connection" even though every other device I have is working fine. Tried at a few different locations/different wifi connections too.
0 Likes
Members_1jMICxe
First Poster
Options

same problem over here... Switches to datanetwork, where my bundle is spent without knowing 😞

0 Likes
A52user10945
First Poster
Options
I had a period of stability and then it started playing up again. Switching off wifi then back on resolved it for a couple of minutes.

Restarted my phone and seems a lot better for now. Read other posts on internet and a fair few seem to think it may be linked to using hotspot function and needing a reboot after. I did use hotspot prior to issues so this could possibly be the cause in my case - although had no issues up until the august update.

I've had another update recently but issue still persists.
0 Likes