Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A50 Audio issue / headphone jack issue

(Topic created on: 30-04-2020 11:09 AM)
SB1515
Journeyman
Options

Since yesterday, my phone will not play any audio on the external speaker. Then I also lost audio for the incoming call. The mic has also stopped working. The only way I can hear media audio is via BT headsets. I can't hear anyone, in a call, when using BT headsets And they can't hear me either. Wired headsets don't work either. 

When I play a video without BT headsets, the speed it plays is always high. Regardless of where I stream the video from, that includes youtube app as well. The locally stored videos will not play either, without the headsets.

I have also noticed that when I plug in the wired headphones and then try turning on the FM radio, it prompts me to connect the wired headphones. This means the phone is not detecting the insertion of my headphones. This also means that this problem could be related to a faulty headphone jack.

Currently, we are in lockdown and I can't get it checked for another 3 weeks. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

I have done a full factory reset but that made no difference.

19 REPLIES 19
Tiarna
First Poster
Options
Exact same thing has happened to me this morning... strange... hopefully some1 has a solution
SB1515
Journeyman
Options

If it's a hardware issue, then it would need to be seen by a tech. Hopefully, it's not and it is software related. Surely Samsung would be aware of this issue by now. Keeping my fingers crossed, as I am working from home and it's such a pain in the backside.

Gianluha
Apprentice
Options

Same issue from this morning, did someone find the rootcause?

SB1515
Journeyman
Options

My phone was updated to Android 10 UI 2.0 and that seems to have fixed the issue. It only happened this morning so let's see how long this last.

SB1515
Journeyman
Options

Well that lasted only 3 days. Back to the same issue. So annoying 😡

Gianluha
Apprentice
Options

Thats really annoying

I tried to update everything (os and apps) but issue was still present. I also try to factory reset without recover any backup, issue still present also in this case

The main speaker doesnt play any sound and the jack doesnt recognize any plugged earphone

It cannot be related to hardware (unless speaker and jack autonomusly broken in the same time without any reason)

Currently the only way to ear sound is use bluethoot device

Any solution from samsung?

SB1515
Journeyman
Options

Yeah same, and at one point even the Bluetooth stopped responding for calls and only worked for media. So I had to use my backup phone for calls. It has to be a software issue. And it did fix itself after the OS update, even though lasted only 3 days. I wish I never bought this phone.

NmL
First Poster
Options

My Samsung A50 external speaker is not playing media and and I can't hear calls unless I put on loudspeaker. I was watching a facebook vid this afternoon and it just suddenly stopped working. I've tried the following:

1.Checked sound settings and volume
2. Checked bluetooth not connected
3. Restarted several times
4. Restarted in safe mode
5. Tested the external speaker by inputting *#0*# in phone mode (it plays the test sound)
6. Soft reset
7. Uninstalled recently installed apps
8. Cleaned out headphone port
9. Drained battery and recharged to 100% with phone off.

My phone has been really bug-gy since the last Android update, so I reckon something has happened there.

It was also doing this thing earlier where it thought USB was connected then unconnected repeatedly in the notifications but this went away.

Any ideas?

(note - as I typed this last sentence the keyboard typing sounds randomly started working. I tried music player and it played for for 2 seconds then both sounds stopped again!) 😕

0 Likes
AliMert
First Poster
Options

I am having a similar issue, I think it is software related, hope they resolve it quickly

0 Likes