Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A32 been in rain

(Topic created on: 03-11-2022 04:39 PM)
DaL4zy1
Voyager
Options
So 4 months ago I took my phone out in the rain and afterwards the screen showed these white lines on it. I was told this was normal and they would go away in 2-3 weeks. Anyways after 4 months they're still here and if anything they've got thicker. These lines make it hard to see my.screen and the buttons on my keyboard keep flashing away making it super difficult to type.
Has anyone experienced similar issues? 
Can anyone help me? Please message if you can
CATS54xx
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @DaL4zy1 

Unfortunately if water has managed to get inside the phone the outcome isn't always a positive one as to where the phone fully recovers.

It's best to leave the phone powered off in a warm space for a few weeks and then see what happens. Some people use the rice method or use those small packets of crystals that come packed with some goods while in transit.

The internal boards and connectors can have some corrosion on them that causes failures sometimes.

A Samsung Service Centre can take a look at the phone however the Samsung Limited 2 year manufacturers warranty would not cover water damage.

They can assess the phone and provide a Repair cost so then you can weigh up this cost against the cost to replace it.

Maybe look to any insurance you have i.e Home Contents insurance,  some Bank Accounts provide cover as a perk of the account or a standalone insurance cover you already have.

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

View solution in context

8 REPLIES 8
Solution
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @DaL4zy1 

Unfortunately if water has managed to get inside the phone the outcome isn't always a positive one as to where the phone fully recovers.

It's best to leave the phone powered off in a warm space for a few weeks and then see what happens. Some people use the rice method or use those small packets of crystals that come packed with some goods while in transit.

The internal boards and connectors can have some corrosion on them that causes failures sometimes.

A Samsung Service Centre can take a look at the phone however the Samsung Limited 2 year manufacturers warranty would not cover water damage.

They can assess the phone and provide a Repair cost so then you can weigh up this cost against the cost to replace it.

Maybe look to any insurance you have i.e Home Contents insurance,  some Bank Accounts provide cover as a perk of the account or a standalone insurance cover you already have.

DaL4zy1
Voyager
Options
Thanks @BandOfBrothers this is helpful 😁
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Hi @CATS54 Just in addition to @BandOfBrothers 's post there is a method for determining possible liquid damage by shining flashlight into SIM/MicroSD slot,see more detail here https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001077/ (Us link though so ignore contact details) the phone may recover but certainly no guarantee. Whilst a little rain would normally not be too much of an issue the A32 does not have a water resistant rating https://www.samsung.com/Water Resistant Ratings
As a matter of interest there are some waterproof cases for this device https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=samsung+a32+waterproof+case&adgrpid=124872980809&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIiaXM...

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

zimma71
Voyager
Options
The best thing you can do is put your phone in a bag of rice or a bag of those little jelly sachets you get in electrical items or in some clothing you need something to suck the moisture out of the phone
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

You're very welcome @DaL4zy1  😎

I appreciate how frustrating and how much an inconvenience it is when a phone has issues. These devices become so much of an integral part of of our daily life's.

0 Likes
DaL4zy1
Voyager
Options
Will do thanks
0 Likes
DaL4zy1
Voyager
Options
Thanks zimma71
0 Likes