Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A32 5G USB C TO HDMI

(Topic created on: 14-02-2022 01:21 PM)
Phil_GT
Apprentice
Options

Hi there

Could anyone tell me please how you get a samsung A32 5G to mirror its screen when you plug it into a tv via usb- hdmi cable

I have the cable but when plugging into the TV nothing happens, i dont get any notification on the phone or anything saying things along the lines of click to mirror or anything?

If it makes any difference, im trying to use it with a Sony 4k smart tv.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Phil.

Go to solution
12 REPLIES 12
mrMad-Cat
Student
Options

Does Zoom work over the cable you've purchased? In the description on amazon it says it does not work with paid programs and for some reason zoom is listed among them.

My daughter has a32 (but not 5g) and i need to connect it to my old monitor for her to use online school. Yet i can't figure out how to do this. I've purchased some active MHL adapter that looks the same that you bought but it is without any apps, and it does not work for me (nothing happens except phone starts to charge). So I can't understand how it is possible to know which adapters work and wich not. On many forums people say that A32 can't mirror screen via USB C to hdmi no mater the adapter type, because of some technical limitations.

Seems my only choice is buying some chromecast adapter for monitor.

0 Likes
Bronxbomber994
First Poster
Options

Yeah I bought that same very cable on Amazon for 20 bucks and it allows me to connect any android device to hdmi. Only thing is you can't watch Netflix, hulu etc. But who cares about this wire why don't you just cast to your Google Chrome, Soundbar, Roku, Firestick etc.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Adapter-Mirroring-Charging-Smartphones-Projector/dp/B08LN8Z6QX/ref=mp_s_a_1...

0 Likes
mrMad-Cat
Student
Options

Any device or only those that support MHL? A32 does not have support of MHL so standard USB C to HDMI cables will not work with it. And I wonder if any would, and if so, how to understand it from the cable description comparing to other cables.

Wireless casting is still sh*t due to time lag and terrible compression plus instability of the signal due to all the electronic noise in modern homes. Much is the same with WiFi and Bluetooth. They are good as long as you don't have a cable option. Cables are still and will be at least for some time way to go for stability. When watching TV from distance, probably you won't see a big difference if any, but when using on a close-up monitor for work or for video conferencing, the difference is huge.

0 Likes