Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A32 5g camera won't work (sometimes)

(Topic created on: 06-08-2021 03:05 PM)
dixharp
Explorer
Options
Very often the shutter won't fire on my Samsung A32 5g. It doesn't respond  and the zoom buttons become unresponsive also. This happens outdoors. The camera works fine indoors. It also seems to work fine if I take it out of its case. The case is the recommended Samsung plastic one - I bought it to replace a cheaper aftermarket leather one I had to start with. I thought the proper Samsung case would resolve the problem. Any ideas? Has anyone else experienced this? My phone is about two months old. 
4 REPLIES 4
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

That's a conundrum how the Samsung Case is affecting the operation of the phone's camera albeit it still works indoors @dixharp 

Which specific case model is it ?

So seems to work in low light.

You could try clearing the camera's cache via Settings then Apps , Camera, Location and tap on Clear Cache.

Also look to see if there are any updates to complete on your phone.

There is a diagnostic tool via launching your phone's dialer app and tap in *#0*#

If all else fails you could try another case and or let a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre take a look.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
dixharp
Explorer
Options
The case is the one linked below. I've tried deleting cache and data - makes no difference. And I spent an hour in the Samsung shop in Central London with a chap who did a diagnosis of the software and found it was fine.
I'll check that diagnosis tool, and look for updates. I'm hoping to find someone on here who's had the same problem!
Thanks for taking the trouble to comment

https://www.samsung.com/uk/mobile-accessories/galaxy-a32-5g-s-view-wallet-cover-black-ef-ea326pbegew...
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
I can't seem to find any similar issues via a quick Google Search.
Could the Samsung Store let you try one of their cases in-house ?

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
dixharp
Explorer
Options
No, me neither! Though there's another contributor on here whose phone will shoot portrait but not landscape. Mine is more troublesome in landscape - sometimes I can cure it by pointing the phone down at my feet and taking a shot in portrait then lifting it back up to landscape. Then it will take the shot!
When I was in the Samsung store I didn't have this case - I had a cheap high street leather one. And I was in Oxford St so it would take the shot fine. I need to be somewhere wide and open (field hilltop) for the problem to occur.
Samsung also make a £9 soft case. I may invest in one of those and see if it's any better. Thanks again.